We have a range of outpatient services for individuals and families. These services can also be used as a step down service from Intensive In-Home Services or in conjunction with Intensive In-Home Services. Treatments services include, but are not limited to:
- Substance Abuse Counseling: Alcohol and drug education and treatment focusing on triggers, cravings and relapse prevention, planning for sobriety, 12 step fellowships, stress and emotional well-being, negative emotions, anger, and communication
- Certified Sex Offender Therapy: Service delivery is congruent to Best Practice Model of treatment and is determined by level of Risk, Need and Responsivity (RNR) of client. Services include a weekly group component as well as additional services determined during assessment phase of treatment which constitutes the initial 90-days in care.
- Trauma Informed Care: Structure and treatment framework involves understanding, recognizing, and responding to the effects of all types of trauma. Trauma Informed Care also emphasizes physical, psychological and emotional safety for both clients and providers and helps survivors rebuild a sense of control and empowerment.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): Focuses on a psychotherapeutic approach that examines the relationships between thoughts, feelings, and behaviors while bringing awareness to inaccurate or negative thinking.
- Anger Management groups and/or individual sessions: These services monitor anger on a weekly basis, implement anger control plans, educate clients on the aggression cycle, and teach assertiveness, conflict resolution, and relaxation techniques.
- Parent Coaching, Education and Support Services: Lessons are taught by Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educators and focus on teaching parents mutual respect, identifying the belief behind the behavior, effective communication and problem-solving skills, discipline that teaches, finding solutions instead of punishing, and encouragement. For more information on Positive Discipline please visit: positivediscipline.org
- Behavioral interventions for those diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder: Centers on verbal operant programs, social skills, language skills, fine motor skills, gross motor skills, and decreasing non-compliant and undesirable behaviors.
- Therapeutic Mentoring: Geared for clients who are in need of support, coaching, and training with teachings in alternative coping strategies, behavior rehearsal, skill acquisition, improved social skills, and enhanced conflict resolution skills.
- Independent living education: Explore such topics as debt management, conservation, budgeting, hygiene, holistic health and wellness, nutrition, personal responsibility, job readiness, community resources, housing, public transportation, communication, and effective relationships.
- Positive Discipline: Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educators work with parents and focus on teaching mutual respect, identifying the belief behind the behavior, effective communication and problem-solving skills, discipline that teaches, finding solutions instead of punishing, and encouragement. For more information on Positive Discipline please visit: positivediscipline.org
- Nurturing Parenting Program – Certified Nurturing Parenting Counselors provide family-centered treatment to prevent and treat child abuse. Parents and children participate in home-based and/or group-based lessons.
- Additionally IHS offers teen parenting education and intervention services, parent coaching for youth with sexual behaviors, family reunification and foster care prevention services, pre and post-adoption services, extended family placement stabilization, supervised visitation, and co-parenting counseling, education, and support.
- Virginia Premier
- Magellan Complete Care
- United Healthcare
- DSS, CSA, VJCCCA, and other community supports
- Adoption subsidies