POSITION: Licensed Mental Health Professional
POSITION DESCRIPTION: License Mental Health Professionals will provide clinical supervision for our Qualified Mental Health Professionals, as well as provide highly skilled assessments and direct care for a specialized client population.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory standards set forth by the DBHDS and DMAS as well as company policies and procedures.
- Provides licensed eligible counseling staff with guidance and support throughout the application and residency process in preparation for licensure examination through workshops, field-training, and individual supervision per requirements of the Virginia Board of Counseling.
- Assists Program Director with the coordination and review of all clinical assessments and client intakes as well as the submissions, monitoring, and reporting of authorization requests.
- Responsible for weekly clinical supervision (group and individual) to provide guidance, assess dynamics and needs of each case, determine the appropriateness of therapeutic strategies, and assess progress of service delivery and planning.
- Coordinates the research, development, and revision of clinical curriculums, interventions, and resources to meet program needs.
- Coordinates the research, planning, and attendance of select clinical staff to attend regional workshops and conferences for clinical skills development, continued-education, and company exposure.
- Provides highly skilled assessments, crisis interventions, counseling and other advanced clinical social work and mental health services for a specialized client population as needed.
- Acts as psychological advocate for clients. Presents client profile and participates at multi-disciplinary staffing for agency decision regarding youth in program.
- Reviews client’s files to ensure proper and complete documentation of actions and services of staff within the industry standards and regulations of DBHDS and DMAS as well as company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the monitoring, reporting, and strategizing of weekly client authorization utilization for staff caseloads in order to meet program objectives.
- Assists Program Director to facilitate wraparound team meetings to enlist existing supports in determining and meeting service objectives and to identify additional resources and supports.
- Advises Program Director and Clinical Director of the state of clinical services, its staff, and its needs as well as solicits their assistance in implementing solutions to problems
- Provides assistance with the interviewing, hiring, and training of new clinical staff to meet program needs.
A Master’s Degree in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or a related field from an accredited college or university; four years of experience providing mental health treatment to troubled children and families; three years of experience providing Clinical supervision to treatment staff and licensed to provide Clinical services and Clinical Supervision to licensed eligible staff by the State of Virginia.
Thorough knowledge of principles and techniques of youth and family counseling; thorough knowledge of principles and techniques of basic interviewing and assessment skills; working knowledge of human services system, roles of human services personnel, and relevant community resources; ability to conduct and facilitate meetings; ability to form effective supervisory relationship with subordinate staff; ability to maintain effective working relationships.
*Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.